INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS > SIDEKICK 2PHD-D MOBILE LAPTOP MOUNT WITH DRILL BASE > INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
2PHD SERIES MOBILE LAPTOP MOUNT WITH DRILL BASE
Interactive Products Corporation manufactures the most versatile, ergonomic and rugged mobile computing and communication mounting systems available. We strive to meet and exceed our customer's expectations. We will manufacture specialized units to meet your mobile mounting needs. If you have any questions, call us toll-free at: 888-552-7867.
for your business.
WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES:
All products are guaranteed to be free of manufacturers defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase. All Laptop Docking Stations are guaranteed not to crack or break for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Interactive Products Corporation will repair or replace, at our discretion, without charge, any of our products which fail to perform due to defects in material or workmanship. Defects which result from damage or misuse, such as excessive force or improper installation, are not covered by this warranty.
Interactive Products will not be responsible for any incidental and/or consequential damage due to failure of any Interactive Products Corporation product.
Important: This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary form state to state.
All sales are final unless approval is first obtained for merchandise return (1-888-552-7867). All items returned are subject to a restocking fee and handling charge. You must include a copy of your invoice for credit on all returned merchandise. Product returned due to customer error must be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase, and in resaleable condition. A restocking charge of 20% of the purchase price will be assessed, and original shipping cost will also be deducted.
Package the merchandise in the original shipping container, if possible, and include a note detailing the reason for return along with your receipt of purchase (photo copies will be accepted). Please include your name, address and phone number.
Should the customer decide to upgrade to a heavy-duty model, Interactive Products will swap the product and apply the purchase price (excluding freight and taxes) to the purchase of an upgraded unit. Product must be returned in resalable condition. Should any portion of the returned product be damaged, Interactive Products will contact the customer to determine the reduction to their credit.
"AIRBAG FRIENDLY " and "AIRBAG COMPATIBLE"
has been discussed, advertised and promoted regarding the compatibility
between installation systems (mounting hardware) for mobile communications
equipment and the "airbag deployment zones" in automobiles.
Although many hardware manufacturers promote their products as being "airbag
friendly" or "airbag compatible" the ultimate responsibility
lies with the installer and/or end-user.
~~~ WARNING ~~~
Do not install the mount system or position the equipment in the deployment path of an airbag. In the event of airbag deployment, mounting systems and/or equipment located within the airbag deployment zones can damage the airbag, prevent proper airbag inflation and/or become projectiles which could potentially cause personal injury or death. To determine airbag deployment zones and the area recommended for equipment installation, refer to vehicle manufacturer's manual. Interactive Products Corporation makes no warranties except for intended use and will not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential arising from the sale, use or misuse of Interactive Products Corporation products or the user's inability to use such products.
SUGGESTED LAPTOP POSITIONS
Note: Make sure all parts are present and read all instructions prior to assembly.
ASSEMBLE PEDESTAL: (SEE PEDESTAL DETAIL):
1. Slide black tube with aluminum stud (3) into tilt & rotate mechanism (2), and tighten four-prong knob.
Note: Black tube (3) comes pre-assembled with 45º tube (3-1). 90º tube can be exchanged with 45º tube by loosening two-prong knob (9), removing 45º tube (3-1), and replacing with 90º tube (3-2) - your choice for positioning flexibility. (Pedestal height can be adjusted by loosening two-prong knob (9), raising or lowering telescoping tube, and retightening two-prong knob.)
NOTE: TELESCOPING TUBE IS COMPLETELY REMOVABLE - USE CAUTION WHEN ADJUSTING HEIGHT - TUBES (3-1 or 3-2) MAY COME OUT AND LAPTOP MAY BE DAMAGED IF YOU DROP IT!
ATTACH PEDESTAL TO VEHICLE FLOOR:
Place unit in a position that provides maximum movement of your passenger
seat but still puts pedestal as close as possible to the driver. Play
around with this until you are satisfied with placement.
4. Once location is determined, use tilt & rotate mechanism (2) as your template; use a marker to mark drill holes. You may want to remove black tube from tilt & rotate mechanism beforehand.
NOTE: INTERACTIVE PRODUCTS CORP. WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO VEHICLE FROM IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF OUR MOBILE DESK. IF YOU ARE UNSURE HOW TO INSTALL YOUR MOBILE DESK, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER TO INSURE NO DAMAGE IS DONE TO YOUR VEHICLE.
TO INSTALL USING SELF-TAPPING SCREWS:
5. Use a 3/16" drill bit to drill holes for self-tapping screws (25). Put pedestal in place and install with screws.
TO INSTALL USING BOLTS:
6. Use a 9/32" drill bit to drill holes. Insert 1/4-20 X 3" bolt (18-2) through tilt & rotate mechanism. From underside of vehicle, slide galvanized neoprene washers (8) over bolts, screw on 1/4-20 kep nuts (15-1) and hand tighten. Tighten flat head bolts with screwdriver.
ASSEMBLE DOCKING STATION (SEE DOCKING STATION DETAIL):
7. Position laptop docking station (1) face up with the lip at the bottom.
8. Line up holes in the notepad clip (23) (clipping mechanism toward the lip) with the top two holes in the docking station (SEE CLIP DETAIL).
9. Attach notepad clip by inserting two button head bolts (18-3) through the notepad clip and docking station from the top, and securing with two kep nuts (15-3) screwed on from underneath. Make sure the teeth on the kep nut are touching the back of the docking station. Tighten with hex key (22-3).
10. Install Compu-Loc computer fastening system to docking station as follows (SEE DOCKING STATION DETAIL): Attach plastisol coated L-brackets (10) to top of the docking station using knobs (16) inserted from underneath.
11. Insert the quick release strap (11) through the slots in the docking station. Feed from underneath into the right slot, across top of docking station, and then down through the left slot.
ATTACH DOCKING STATION TO PEDESTAL:
12. Set tilt & rotate mechanism (2) on bottom of docking station and attach using flat head allen bolts and 1/4-20 kep nuts as in step 1. Tighten allen bolts with hex key.
SIZE COMPU-LOC COMPUTER SECURING SYSTEM:
13. Place laptop onto docking station and adjust L-brackets so they rest against the back of the laptop when laptop is resting on the front lip of the docking station.
Remove laptop and move L-brackets 1/8" to 1/4" closer to the
front lip and tighten
*Your Compu-Loc Computer Fastening System is now set up so that the laptop will snap on and off of the docking station.
15. Re-attach laptop to docking station. Open clamshell. Lay quick release strap across the keyboard, above the function keys so as not to impede any keys. Thread strap through buckle and synch laptop to docking station. Laptop can now be used without releasing the buckle.
2PHD-D PEDESTAL DETAIL
2PHD DOCKING STATION DETAIL