INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS > HEAVY DUTY TRAVEL TRIPOD > INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
HEAVY DUTY TRAVEL TRIPOD
Interactive Products Corporation manufactures the most versatile, ergonomic and rugged mobile computing and communication mounting systems available. We strive to meet and exceed our customer's expectations. We will manufacture specialized units to meet your mobile mounting needs. If you have any questions, call us toll-free at: 888-552-7867.
for your business.
WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES:
All products are guaranteed to be free of manufacturers defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase. All Laptop Docking Stations are guaranteed not to crack or break for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Interactive Products Corporation will repair or replace, at our discretion, without charge, any of our products which fail to perform due to defects in material or workmanship. Defects which result from damage or misuse, such as excessive force or improper installation, are not covered by this warranty.
Interactive Products will not be responsible for any incidental and/or consequential damage due to failure of any Interactive Products Corporation product.
Important: This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary form state to state.
All sales are final unless approval is first obtained for merchandise return (1-888-552-7867). All items returned are subject to a restocking fee and handling charge. You must include a copy of your invoice for credit on all returned merchandise. Product returned due to customer error must be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase, and in resaleable condition. A restocking charge of 20% of the purchase price will be assessed, and original shipping cost will also be deducted.
Package the merchandise in the original shipping container, if possible, and include a note detailing the reason for return along with your receipt of purchase (photo copies will be accepted). Please include your name, address and phone number.
Should the customer decide to upgrade to a heavy-duty model, Interactive Products will swap the product and apply the purchase price (excluding freight and taxes) to the purchase of an upgraded unit. Product must be returned in resalable condition. Should any portion of the returned product be damaged, Interactive Products will contact the customer to determine the reduction to their credit.
HEAVY DUTY COMPU-POD & DOCKING STATION ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Make sure all parts are present and read all instructions prior to assembly. (SEE ASSEMBLY DETAIL & PARTS LIST)
ASSEMBLE LAPTOP DOCKING STATION:
1. Position laptop docking station (1) face up with the lip at the bottom.
2. Line up holes in the notepad clip (23) (with clipping mechanism toward the lip) with the top two holes in the laptop docking station (SEE CLIP DETAIL, PAGE 3).
3. Attach notepad clip by inserting two button head bolts (18-3) through the notepad clip and docking station from the top, and securing with two kep nuts (15-3) screwed on from underneath. Make sure the teeth on the kep nut are touching the back of the docking station. Tighten with hex key (22-3).
4. Turn docking station over (back facing up).
5. Line up adjustable brackets (24) (tall sides facing inward) with remaining six holes on the back of the docking station.
6. Attach by inserting the remaining six button head bolts through the docking station and brackets from underneath, and securing with the six remaining kep nuts. Make sure the teeth on the kep nut are touching the brackets. Tighten with hex key.
ATTACH DOCKING STATION TO TRIPOD:
IMPORTANT! NOTICE THE WAY THE HARDWARE IS INSTALLED ON THE CHROME TUBE, AND MAKE SURE IT GOES BACK ON THE SAME WAY.
7. Raise braces between tripod legs until it slips over the black tube. When at the desired height, tighten three-prong knob.
8. Loosen upper three-prong knob and raise black tube 3 to 4 inches. Re-tighten.
9. Loosen lower two-prong knob on black tube, raise chrome telescoping tube 3 to 4 inches. Re-tighten.
10. Loosen upper two-prong knob (on locking collar). Lower locking collar as far down as it will go. Re-tighten knob on locking collar.
NOTE: IF LOCKING COLLAR IS NOT RE-TIGHTENED, THE CHROME TUBE WILL FALL THROUGH THE BLACK TUBE WHEN THE HARDWARE IS REMOVED.
11. Remove barrel lock from four-prong knob. Unscrew knob. Remove knob and carriage bolt.
12. Unscrew nylock nut and remove. Remove machine bolt.
the adjustable brackets on the docking station over the chrome telescoping
tube portion of the tripod.
15. Insert carriage bolt through slotted portion of bracket and through chrome tube. Screw on four-prong knob (do not fully tighten). Screw on barrel lock.
16. When the docking station is at desired position, fully tighten four-prong knob.
INSTALL COMPU-LOC COMPUTER FASTENING SYSTEM TO DOCKING STATION:
17. Attach plastisol coated L- brackets (10) to top of the docking station using knobs (16) inserted from underneath.
18. Place laptop onto docking station and adjust L-brackets so they rest against the back of the laptop when laptop is resting on the front lip of the docking station.
19. Remove laptop and move L-brackets 1/8" to 1/4" closer to the front lip and tighten L-Brackets with eight-prong knob.
*Your Compu-Loc Computer Fastening System is now set up so that the laptop will snap on and off of the docking station.
20. Remove the laptop from the docking station and insert the quick release strap (11) through the slots in the docking station. Feed from underneath into the right slot, across top of docking station, and then down through the left slot.
laptop to docking station. Open clamshell. Lay quick release strap across
the keyboard, above the function keys so as not to impede any keys. Thread
strap through buckle and synch laptop to docking station. Laptop can now
be used without releasing the buckle.